St. Margaret's Cemetery
GPS: 44.740720, -79.894136
809 Yonge St
Midland, ON L4R 2E8 Canada
Published: August 14, 2016
Total records: 3,234
St. Margaret's Cemetery is owned and operated by St. Margaret's Catholic Church, 589 Hugel Avenue, Midland, Ontario.
St. Margaret's Cemetery began as a gift of 10.8 acres in 1895 from Samuel Fraser, Bachelor Reeve of the Village of Midland, to St. Margaret's Catholic Church. The land extends from Yonge Street all the way to the shore of Little Lake.
The oldest tombstone is dated 1900, but there are believed to be older burials due to graves being moved from St. Anne's Cemetery to St. Margaret's. Not all of these graves are marked.
This current listing was obtained from St. Margaret's Catholic Church, and was compiled both from church records and by walking the cemetery and recording the monument information.
Death Records (United States)
- U.S. Newspapers, 50-State Full Search (1690-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- U.S. Obituaries, (1976-current) - GenealogyBank.com
- Newspaper Funeral Notices - GenealogyBank.com